Dr. Doug Carter DDS -Oral Surgeon
Multifaceted Dr. Doug Carter DDS is a Skilled and Experienced Oral Surgeon with a Background in Biomedical Science
Dr. Doug Carter joined Shamblott Family Dentistry in 2015 after spending the past 19 years at Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery practices. Patients have great things to say about Dr. Carter. Dr. Carter’s goal is to bring his wealth of knowledge of oral surgery and his caring hand to all his patients.
Minnesota Native and Distinguished Navy Veteran
Dr. Carter is a native of Fairmont, MN. After graduating from the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Dr. Carter joined the United States Navy as a general dentist stationed at Naval Air Station North Island, San Diego, California, and with the United States Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton, California. He served in Saudi Arabia in Operation Desert Shield and Desert Storm. After his military service, Dr. Carter returned to his home state of Minnesota to complete his residency training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University of Minnesota. Since that time, he has practiced in the western suburbs of the Twin Cities. In his spare time, Dr. Carter enjoys spending time with his family, lake activities, running and biking.
- BA – Biomedical Science, St. Cloud State University, Cum Laude
- DDS – University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Honors
- Oral Surgery Residency – University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Minnesota Dental Association
- Minneapolis District Dental Society
- Twin Cities Implant Study Club
- Bloomington Dental Study Club